Opportunities and Challenges for Boiler Industry
CII Conference, the Habitat Centre, New Delhi
Dec. 14, 2012
The CII conference discussed the new trend in boiler industry (regarding production, boiler capacity, Govt. Regulations etc) and the challenges faced by boiler industry in FY13 and beyond. Tata Steel participated in the event as a sponsor.
Salient point of conference as below
- India’s energy demand is forecast is very bright (India with 18% of world population uses just 1% of total energy consumption of world)
- Majority of power capacity addition (1 lakh MW power generation required in next 5 years) will be through thermal power plants: very bright scope for boiler industry
- IBR should allow “Third Party Inspection” for boiler related inspection works
- The IBR regulations need to be align with ASME
- Local boiler manufacturer should incorporate efficiency of Chinese firms in terms of movability and easier maintenance of boilers. For quick installation, modification, and maintenance the boiler should be supplied in a package like Chinese manufacturer.